GP Facilities Manager
United Kingdom, Leicestershire, UKProduction
About the Team
This role is a member of the UK Production Team.
The farm has 3 Poultry Caretakers reporting into the Facility Manager. The Manager will work closely with the Area Manager to ensure the successful production and management of fertile eggs to meet customer demands.
Day to day management of the Farm
- Driving production – maximising the production of fertile hatching eggs
- Actively run the management of the birds, ensuring correct bodyweight control of males and female
- Ensuring accurate feeding
- Controlling the environment to give the greatest comfort to the birds
- Manage working hours, authorizing and processing of timesheets
- Team Member Performance Management, including completion of probation periods, annual reviews and disciplinary processes
- Organise and lead Team meetings
- Authorise Holiday and ensure planned manpower
- Onboarding and training of all new starters to the team.
Leading the team in Biosecurity, Welfare & H&S
- Undertaking monthly training topics with team members.
Ordering supplies, stock management, Cost management
- Disinfectants and vaccines
- Controlling costs for general supplies
- Drive continual improvement through efficiencies and innovation.
- Development and training of team members (relating to their roles)
As a Facility Manager you will need to demonstrate your ability in:
- Good stockmanship and bird management
- Cost control, developing and maintaining agreed budgets
- Implementing company policies and procedures
- Health and Safety and Quality Control
- Biosecurity and Animal Welfare Training and development of your Team
- Managing all Farm administration
Skills and Experience Required
Any successful applicant will need to demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience in poultry management gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level. We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges. They must be flexible and adaptable as well as demonstrate a proactive and driven approach. Training will be tailored according to the successful candidate and milestones will be set and agreed upon accordingly.