Statistisch Analist Fokkerij
Nederland, Gelderland, HerveldHerveld
Gaat jouw hart sneller kloppen van het programmeren en analyseren van data? Lijkt het jou tof om met jouw werk een grote impact te kunnen maken op het voeden van de wereld? Voor ons R&D team zijn wij op zoek naar een Statistical Analyst. Lees snel verder voor meer informatie!
About the Team
The candidate will be part of a team responsible for large quantities of data collected on a daily basis. Data is the key within our company and therefore we need to make sure that all processes associated with data collection and curation are correct, clear, and transparent. A statistician within R&D is responsible for the integrity of genetic and phenotypic data used for analysis of pedigree and research data to achieve genetic progress, and competitive advantage for Cobb as a company.
In this role it is important to interact with other R&D team members as well as people working on the pedigree farm, located in the Netherlands, where data is collected in a highly structured way.
- Responsible for collation of data collected on pedigree farm level. This will require data monitoring, manipulation and analysis.
- Quality control of data & identification of bad data, and working with others to determine the cause and rectify procedures where necessary.
- Produce data output/summaries and regular updates on trends connected to our animal performance
- Responsible for other daily/structured data related actions such as preparing breeding value calculations and other pedigree related activities
- Interaction with company team members at different levels to produce/share output as required
Additional Responsibilities and Projects
- Overtime the successful candidate should be able to bring in new ideas around data analyses/monitoring
- Be involved in new projects on data collection and using new technologies for phenotyping
- This role is a quite newly created position which will offer the job holder the opportunity to make it their own
- Be qualified to degree level in a biological discipline, agriculture (for instance animal science or breeding and genomics), statistics, or equivalent subject.
- Have clearly demonstratable skills in general statistics with a biological/ science background
- Skills in software for statistical analysis such as R will be highly regarded
- Experience in agricultural / chicken sector is preferred, but not essential
- Be able to work independent, be open-minded and have a flexible attitude
- Fluency in English language
- Self-starter, independent and good communicator
- Be able to manage your work schedule to suit changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Be able to create accurate graphs/charts to show data overviews/trends
- Have the ability to work with all data sets, both structured and unstructured (‘messy’ data)
- Show attention to the fine detail of large data sets
- Be able to work in a multicultural team
- Be happy to occasionally travel international, to visit farms or to attend meetings with the larger R&D group (US)
Salary and benefits
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- 24 days’ holiday
- Allowance for health insurance
- Pension scheme membership
- Hybrid working options
Fulltime position (37,5 hours per week), parttime options could be discussed.
Candidates cannot hold any avian species at home.