RemoteNetherlands, Gelderland, EuropeR&D
Cobb Europe is part of a global network of facilities within the Cobb Vantress Inc group of companies. We make quality protein accessible, healthy and affordable worldwide. Our research and technology innovates the global poultry industry. With headquarters in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, we are the world’s oldest pedigree broiler breeding company.
Cobb has grown into one of the world’s leading suppliers of broiler breeding stock with distribution into over 120 countries. Cobb has contributed to the dynamic efficiency and growth of an industry that has transformed chicken into an economically affordable healthy protein source for many of the over 7 billion people in the world. Cobb Europe has many facilities across the Europe, Middle East, & Africa (EMEA) markets. With offices in both Colchester in the United Kingdom and Boxmeer in the Netherlands.
Cobb Europe BV seeks a Geneticist, with experience in Quantitative Genetics and Genomics or related fields, to join our R&D team to drive genetic improvement in our breeding program through the use of innovative technologies.
This position is located in the Netherlands with the option for a remote-position provide frequent in-person contact with the NL based pedigree farm (Herveld).
The individual in this position is expected to lead, develop and support product development through the use of innovative technologies and state-of-art genetic evaluation methods. The successful candidate will contribute to the success of the local pedigree breeding facility, interact with farm personnel and other members of the R&D team including genetics and product testing. This position will also require leading and directing research efforts with external research institutes.
The successful candidate will have:
-College Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) and 6+ years of progressive experience in the field of expertise, or advanced degree with 8+ years of progressive experience.
- Emphasis in Statistical Genetics preferred.
- Requires advanced computer programming skills in languages relevant to phenotypic and genotypic data analyses.
-Knowledge and experience with databases, Linux and cloud computing environments is preferred.
- Experience in some or all the following topics will be highly regarded: genetic/genomic evaluations, estimation of variance components, genotype imputation, and analyses to understand genetic architecture of complex traits.
- Exposure to animal or plant breeding is required.
- This position requires an highly organized individual that is capable of prioritizing tasks in order to meet business needs and deadlines.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Bonus scheme
-24 days’ holiday
-Pension scheme membership
-75% gross contribution to collective health insurance
10 – 15% of the time
Candidates who do not live in The Netherlands, will be expected to travel twice a month to The Netherlands on top of that.
When visiting jobsites/biosecure environments, showering before entering the facilities is required. You cannot hold any avian species at home.